Dothi Salwar / Cowl pant with multiple folds that falls gracefully at the side of legs. Dothi Salwar looks so trendy as well as too comfortable. It is usually worn with short top or Kameez.
Measurements: (Take your own measurements)
Salwar Length :
Waist to hip :
Ankle Round :
Dothi Salwar / Cowl pant Material Suggested:
Light weight soft fabrics
Waist Band Pattern Construction:
(0-1) & (2-3) = Waist to hip + 2”
(0-2) & (1-3) = ½ hip + 2”
Bodies Cutting Construction:
(0-4) = (Salwar Length – Waist Band Length)
(0-2) = approximately 6” (The maximum we can take 9”) or (1/3hip + 1”) – Waist Band length
(0-0’) = 1” inside
Shape (0’-2) Crotch Curve
(3-3’) & (3-3’’) = 1” Join (3’-3”)
(4-1) = Leg opening (½ ankle round)
First mark and cut out the waist band pieces. Now fold the fabric lengthwise and then fold again diagonally… Now mark the measurements on the fabric or place the Paper draft of Dothi salwar leg pieces.
3’’-3’ & 0’-2
Waist Band Sewing Instructions:
- Take 2 pieces of Waist Band and place it by facing right sides together. Leave 1” as unstitched gape at any one side seam (for inserting tie cord or elastic) as shown in the above picture. Sew along each side seams by ¼“. Press your seams open.
- Fold ¼” inside on the top of Waist Band and press. Then again fold 1” inside and sew along the end at first folding (1” below the top of Waist band)
Dothi Salwar Sewing Instructions:
3.Fold ¼” inside the bottom of each leg parts and again double fold ¼” inside and sew along the folded portion.
4. Make Pleats at the top edge of each leg parts to fix the length to the Waist Band.
5. Insert the gathered part to the Waist band by facing right sides together.
6. Sew along ¼” away from edge (adjust with pleats if need) to attach leg part to the Waist band. Turn right side out and Press.
7. Insert Tie rope through the gape we provide at the top of waist band.
Now the DOTHI SALWAR / COWL PANT is ready to wear…