MODAL Fibre is a cellulose fibre made up of wood pulp.., Modal is made from pure wooden small bits of the beech tree, specifically as the European Schneider Zelkova tree. Modal uses only beach wood. Modal is essentially a section of viscose rayon fibre, because viscose rayon fibre can be acquired from the wood pulp material from a variety of trees.
Modal is a generic name for a modified viscose rayon fibre which has more stubbornness and moisture modulus. Modal was at first introduced by Lenzing AG Company of Austria who trade named the fabrics identity.
Initially, Modal was imported from Slovakia, Czech Republic, Hungary and Germany, but nowadays Lenzing, Austria tied up with Rajasthan Textile Mills are supplying for Indian market…..
Modal Fibres prefers to the second invention of viscose fibres and are made by a customized viscose procedure with an advanced scale of polymerization and adapted precipitating baths which guides to fibres with improved belongings such as enhanced dress in, higher dry and wet strengths and recovered dimensional stability.
Properties and Uses of Modal Fibre:
• High breaking strength
• Fabric made from modal fibres are shrinkage resistance
• Modal fabrics may be fading at one stage but flat to stretching and pilling
• Modal are very soft, shiny nature and silky feel than mercerized cotton
• Stone deposits from firm water never set down on the fabric surface
• Modal fabrics should be washed at slighter temperatures only
• Modal fabrics can be often ironed after washing, like cotton
• Modal is used single or blend with other fibers like cotton or Elasthan in domestic items such as towels, bathrobes, underwear and bedsheets, bedspreads..,
• Modal fibres were at first produced in the 1930’s for industrial purposes such as – exhausters, conveyor belts and washing tube pipes
• Modal fibres are dimensionally constant and do not reduce in their size, or get away from their shape
• Modal fabrics are used in wide range of textile industrieslike clothing, outerwear..,
Changing the Spinning conditions, chemical solutions and stretching series of rayon fibre production method, modal can be produced with greater strength and cyrstallinity than rayon fibres
In 1951, S.Tachikawa in Japan directed the production of Modal fibre with good wed modulus called Polynosic.
Modal fibres making a very suitable comfort for body aware clothing, like cherished apparel. Modal fibres are extremely absorbent and rapidly immerse up in water so that it mostly feels waterless even when holding a substantial quantity of water.