Petal / Tulip sleeve can add a beautiful touch of whimsy to any design and really make an outfit standout. Now I’m going to show…how to make a tulip sleeve from basic sleeve pattern. We can make this in two methods.
Petal-Tulip sleeve Drafting First method:
- Cut your fabric by using the paper draft. Now you have 2 pieces of each right side sleeve and left side sleeve. Measure the curved hemline of each piece. If the measurement is 10” cut 2 bias stripes of matching or contrast color fabric with 10” length & 3” width (hemline stripe width depends on your wish).
- Fold the bias stripes half in lengthwise by facing wrong sides together and place it on the hem line at wrong side and sew with ¼” seam allowance. Do it again for the other piece.
- Turn the stripes to the right side of sleeve pieces and press. Now give top stitch to fix the border in hem line.
- Time to form this Tulip Sleeve as a basic sleeve to attach with armhole of dress. You have to overlap each other pieces to form tulip shape (make sure mark of C has to be in the same point, which should be stitched at shoulder line). Give temporary stitch to fix the two pieces together. Now you can sew this Tulip sleeve at the armhole of dress or shirt like usual sleeve attaching method.
Petal-Tulip sleeve Drafting Second Method
- Mark sleeve pattern in paper by using the first method’s step 1 with simple addition of 1cm extra at the side seam of each side.
- Join to fix the Excess 1 cm portion on side seams of each piece with glue.
- Now you get the single piece of sleeve. Cut the fabric with this paper draft.
- Finish hem lines with bias stripes. Sleeves are ready to fix with the dress, but in this method the sleeve can fix after finishing side seams of dress. The mark A mentioned in the above image is to be stitched at the underarm seam and the two marks of C have to be placed at the shoulder line.
pls send me dhothi salwar in tamil laguage and also give pattu pavadi pattern
Hi..divya..thanks for the visit.. Dear tutorials in Tamil language is little difficult here…so.. U can ask any help related with tutorials in comment box..I’ll reply in Tamil…is it OK for u…
Hai mrs.keerthi ezhil. I have done lots of patch work with leftover small cloth. I request u to see a few posts in my facebook manimegalaipalaniappan. U can see them and also share some more ideas when u have free time. Thank u for the petal sleeve cutting pattern
Finally i learn peal sleeve keerthi ezhil thank ji.
Thank u so…much for ur support Manisha…I’m solo happy to see ur comment..
Your tutorials really very helpful. Can you pls make a step by step tutorial for Bombay Bra cut saree blouse tutorial.
Sure.. Harini.. Could u Plz send me any detailed pics..of that blouse…
Muchas gracias por compartir sus conocimientos, un saludo fraterno desde México
Thanks for ur visit.. Estela..Sorry..friend… I can’t understand your language..
thank you very much for your detailing about cuttings… keerthi am so greatfull to you
thank u…:-) Pallavi…
i ezlil ,really a good job. irs very useful for sewing lovers.thank u.
mam petal slv construction details is very useful to me thanks very much
Hi,,,mam thanquuu so much neenga intha desain snd pannathunaala yalla thuku ussssssss full laaaa eruku ethu matheri nalaiya neemgalu kathukettu yangaluku intha matheri ptosss snd panna nu mam thanquuu mam
Hai Keerthi mam,
Please send me various type of churidar (measurement , cutting & stitching in malayalam or in english
hi.. Bindu… Already anarkali patterns are here.. check it out..
Post of petal sleeve is good mam. But there is no measurement. So kindly post measurements or send email mam so that get more clear idea.
hi.. bala.. In this petal sleeve we don’t need any measurements, becus this pattern made from a basic sleeve pattern only… you can check basic sleeve measurement for your reference..
Hi Ezhil, thank u for this tutorial. I’m new on ur site. I will definitely try it out. Pls do u have a tutorial on how to make a padded top or dress?
Have books for all these Patterns?
Hi mam, petal sleeve cutting is very good and easy to understand.. Thank you
Hi I’m Mangai I’m not able get the construction in home option how to get sewing patterns
You can check here https://style2designer.com/shop/